Monday, August 31, 2009

Announcing- Lily Kathryn Butler

So, here's the story. It was July 18th and I was thinking I still had AT LEAST two if not three weeks until our new addition joined us. I had been doing things like setting up her room, making about a billion freezer meals, going through Brea's old baby clothes... etc. I was totally waiting until the last minute on things because I was prepared for Brea like a month or two in advance and it drove me crazy so I was like I am going to only deep clean the house ONCE not 4 times like I did with Brea just to give me something to do and I didn't want to have to get up every morning and stare at that dang packed and ready hospital bag. Well, BIG SUPRISE... baby girl Butler #2 did not follow after her sister who was a week late... she came 2 weeks early. My bag was not packed, our SD cards on our camera's were totallly full, my house was a DISASTER, and we had yet to decide on a name for this little one. (WARNING: the following play-by-play may contain a little too much information, if you're worried just scroll down to the cute pics of Lily K.)A few weeks prior I had bought tickets to Harry Potter and planned for Brea to sleep out at my parents house so Andrew and I could have a hot date night (HELLO, Harry Potter- what's not hot about that date night?!) So, we went to the movie and ran to Wal-Mart afterwards to pick stuff up I needed for dinner the next day. We are standing in the check-out line and -SUPER FUN- I am TOTALLY confused... Did I just pee my pants??? I know pregnancy is tough on your bladder but this was not the normal "ooops" you may experience when you've held it too long. We start walking out and I ask Andrew if he can see anything and he's like "No... (pause) OH- yeah..." Luckily it was 11:30 at night, the darkness was on my side. So I hop in the truck still a little confused as to what just happened and then my "Maybe" turned into a definitely and I am assuming the most awkward position so as to avoid getting what has just been confirmed from the 2nd "wave" as amniotic fluid all over the car. We get home and I am in COMPLETE denial... I just kept telling Andrew this wasn't happening. I was seriously considering getting my jammies on and crawling into bed. I just kept yelling "I'M NOT READY!!!" Andrew forces me back into the truck and I keep telling myself that this is a nightmare and I am going to wake up in a few minutes... Nope. It didn't work. Lily Kathryn Butler was born the next day: 6 pounds 6 ounces, 19.5 inches long at 12:06 p.m. YEP, this little one took her time and decided not to show up until 12 and a half hours later. But once I got over the denial, we were really happy to have her with us healthy and happy. Here are the pictures Ashleigh took when Lily was four days old.


7 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, she is so tiny! And adorable. You are one lucky mama.

Cam said...

She is beautiful!! Can't wait ti meet her. Hope you are adjusting well!!!

laura s. said...

Thank you for the play-by-play! I actually love hearing details. That is so funny that all you were thinking was that you weren't ready! She is soooo beautiful and my kids all said, "awww, she's so cute!!"

Good Work!

And I still can't believe you have 2 kids-- aren't you still like 12 years old?

Nicole said...

She is absolutely adorable! I like the play by play's too! Thanks for sharing she is an angel like her mom and sister!

Amanda said...

Congrats. What adorable pictures! You have the cutest girls:)

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! She is so cute. We are so happy for you. I told the boys and Gavin said, "When are they going to have a boy for us to play with?" So yah better get on it!! We need to come see you. Call me and let me know when you guys have some time. I am so happy for yah!

Turnbow Family said...

beatiful girl :)

Family Pics- Thanks Ashleigh!